Children’s Ministries at Travis Park Church
Jesus said, “Let the children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14 NRSV
We welcome all children with love, encouraging them to ask questions and develop healthy curiosity about the world and their place in it. We want children to know that this is a safe place for them to discover who they are in this vast universe and what their purpose is in life.
Understanding that kids learn best by doing, lots of fun hands-on teaching techniques are used in Sunday School. In planning for children’s ministries, the following areas are emphasized:
- fully participating in the life of the church
- growing in their ability to live responsibly with others
- showing respect for all of life
- developing skills in reading, studying, understanding, and using the Bible
- experiencing how God speaks to us through music
- growing in their understanding of prayer and their ability to pray
- discovering the joy of serving God and others.
Sunday School – 11:15 am
Children’s Sunday School—ages 5 to 5th Grade meets in the Nursery Classroom. Contact Erika Stiner email@example.com for more information.
Each Sunday, childcare is provided from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in the Nursery (infant to five years, main floor).
At Travis Park Church, all adults (including parents) who volunteer with children, youth, or vulnerable adults are first required to completeTRUSTed con Confianza Certification training.
Travis Park children and families are going to be out and about this summer. Join us, bring a friend, we can’t wait to hang out! Connect with us through the Facebook events on the Travis Park page in order to get the most recent updates.
Download a PDF of our event calendar:
June, July, August
Join us at one of the church picnics in parks all around the city this summer. Pick the one closest to your home, at a park you would like to visit, or come to them all! All are welcome, come early or stay late to enjoy fellowship.
- June 15that Northridge Park, 821 Chevy Chase Dr, San Antonio, TX 78209, will meet near the pavilion by the playground; lunch will be ready around noon.
- June 28that OP Schnabel Park, 9606 Bandera Rd, San Antonio, TX 78250, will meet near Pavilion 1 by the playground; dinner will be ready around 6pm.
- July 13that Woodcrest Park, 11027 Forest Pass Ct Live Oak, TX 78233, will meet near the playground; lunch will be ready around noon.
- July 26that McAllister Park, 13102 Jones Maltsberger Rd, San Antonio, TX 78247,we will meet at the Optimist Pavilion, off Buckhorn Rd. near the soccer fields; dinner will be ready around 6pm.
- July 17that Southside Lions Park East, 4600 Pecan Valley Dr, San Antonio, TX 78223, will meet near the playground; lunch will be ready around noon. Bring your fishing pole if you have a license and go fishing in the lake.
- August 25thin Travis Park immediately following the service. Bring chairs or blankets to picnic in the grass.
If you or a group you belong to would like to sponsor food for one of the picnics let Erika Stiner know, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can put money for the picnic food in the offering plate, be sure to indicate “picnics” in the memo line or on the giving envelope, or grab a shopping list. If you would like to volunteer to come early and grill for any of the picnics please email Erika.