Children’s Ministries at Travis Park Church
Jesus said, “Let the children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14 NRSV
We welcome all children with love, encouraging them to ask questions and develop healthy curiosity about the world and their place in it. We want children to know that this is a safe place for them to discover who they are in this vast universe and what their purpose is in life.
Understanding that kids learn best by doing, lots of fun hands-on teaching techniques are used in Sunday School. In planning for children’s ministries, the following areas are emphasized:
- fully participating in the life of the church
- growing in their ability to live responsibly with others
- showing respect for all of life
- developing skills in reading, studying, understanding, and using the Bible
- experiencing how God speaks to us through music
- growing in their understanding of prayer and their ability to pray
- discovering the joy of serving God and others.
Sunday School – 11:15 am
Children’s Sunday School—ages 5 to 5th Grade meets in the Nursery Classroom. Contact Erika Stiner firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Each Sunday, childcare is provided from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in the Nursery (infant to five years, main floor).
At Travis Park Church, all adults (including parents) who volunteer with children, youth, or vulnerable adults are first required to completeTRUSTed con Confianza Certification training.